Decoupage is a French word which means “cut out”, while in English usage decoupage is a method of surface decoration…
Paper napkins are an ideal medium for decoupage, normally you want to use only one layer of the paper napkin (which usually have 3 layers or “plys”) for decoupage. one layer is very thin , light and transparent, therefore it is easier work with on your surface material.
The keys to successful napkin decoupage are :
- Choose a napkin with a light background such as white, gray or kind light base for the best performance.
- Use your hand or a wet brush to tear out the image, and try to make image outline blend with object surface with no sharp outline.
- Don’t make the brush too wet, as you can easily tear the napkin.
- Paper decoupage Napkins
- Birds print on paper
- Wood tray
- Acrylic paint apple green and white
- Mod Podge
- First I selected one of decoupage Napkin.
- Print out some vintage birds images
- Get wood tray and sand it slightly
- Bush on apple green acrylic color then let’s dry few hours, then brush white acrylic color on the top, when it dry sand it again, make first layer apple green come out some.
- Tear out decoupage napkin the images you will use.(only top image layer)
- Brush very light mod podge on wood tray then put your napkin careful down. use dry hands push napkin very light for no wrinkle.
- Brush more mod podge on top the napkin. then let’s dry.
- Cut out birds image, apply mod podge on the tray then press down birds image the brush mod podge on top of image one more time. then let’s dry.
- Apply one more layer mod podge for good seal after first layer dried.
work is done
In today’s demo I will show you how to decoupage a napkin onto a candle, an inexpensive and quick DIY home decoration project.
Decoupage is a great DIY activity for children and adults. In this demonstration I will show how you can use inexpensive materials, a paper napkin and a recycled tin can, to create a beautiful home decoration.
Today I’m going to answer some question about napkin decoupage , since a lot of customers interested in my napkins when they got my napkins they just love them, but some of them don’t know what to do with those beautiful things!!??
First of all, decoupage napkins made of cotton paper, high absorbent , good performance in adhesion any surface. about the detail I will sharing one by one and in different material and surface.
Hope anyone interest to know or like to share together, please leave a message to me.
Hi everyone, on my new blog, I will be demoing and answering questions about decoupage, including paper napkins and prints of my own designs. I will also be posting photos and video of my decoupage projects in progress. Please check in and say hi, share links, let me know how I am doing.
Here’s a photo of one of my recent decoupage projects, a candle holder decoupaged with a rose napkin.